Frozen Balloon - Experiment
You can drink water. Or you can put it in a balloon and you have made a water balloon. What happens when you put the water balloon in a freezer?
- cold water tap
- dishwashing tub
- 10 minutes on day 1
- 15 minutes on day 3
Step by step
- day 1
- Step 1. fill the balloon with tap water
- Step 2. let all the air escape from the balloon
- Step 3. tie up the balloon
- Question 1. What do you think that will happen when you leave the balloon in the freezer for two days?
- Step 4. put the balloon in the freezer
- Step 5. wait two days
- day 3
- Step 6. take the balloon out of the freezer
- Step 7. remove the rubber layer
- Question 2. What has happened?
- Question 3. Why do you think this is?
- Step 8. fill the tub with water
- Step 9. put the contents from the balloon in the tub
- Question 4. What happens?
- Question 5. Why do you think this is?