Water Upside Down - Experiment
Have you ever knocked over a drinking glass? What happened to the water? With this experiment you can hold a drinking glass upside down, even if it is full of water.
- drinking glass
- 10 minutes
Step by step
- Step 1. fill the glass to the rim with water
- Step 2. put the postcard on top of the full glass, pictureside down
- Step 3. press softly on the card to remove all air underneath
- Step 4. What do you think that will happen, when you turn the glass upside down?
- Step 5. turn the glass upside down, make sure no air gets in the glass
- Step 6. hold the glass in one hand
- Question 1. What has happened?
- Question 2. Why do you think that is?
- Question 3. Would the experiment also work with a bigger glass?